Open Event 4
Assault Bike + Pull-ups
2 rounds per team member for time
- 15/25 calories assault bike
- 8 C2B by any team member(s)
- 10 pull-ups by all other team members
This workout begins with all four team members behind the finish line. At the call of “3, 2, 1, GO…” athlete #1 advances to the assault bike to complete calories. Once the designated calories are complete, that athlete advances to the rig to complete chosen pulling movement. As athlete #1 advances to the rig, athlete #2 now advances to the assault bike to begin the designated calories. At the completion of the chosen pulling movement by athlete #1, he/she will return to the finish line to wait for round 2. This pattern continues for ALL four team members. Team members cannot advance to the next station until it is empty. Each athlete returns to the finish line at the completion of the pulling movement.
Of the 8 rounds to complete, rounds 1 & 5 must be performed as follows:
Completed by ANY chosen team member(s). It may be the same team member for both rounds OR 2 different team members. NOTE: The order of the team members CAN change because the C2B must be done on rounds 1 and 5.
Rounds 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8 are 10 pull-ups.
As each athlete finishes a round, a cone will be moved as shown in the video. There will be 8 cones in each lane (1 per round).
Once athlete #4 completes the calories on the bike, athlete #1 will begin ROUND 2 which is completed in the same flow as ROUND 1 with a POSSIBLE changed athlete order.
The clock is stopped once all 8 rounds have been completed and all partners are across the finish line.
Time Cap: 15 minutes
- Air assault bike will be used
- 15/25 calories females/males
- 1" Band will be available for scaling
- Athletes may adjust the seat height only.
- Athletes must stay on bike until designated calories are showing.
- Athlete is responsible for re-setting bike monitor.
- Successful repetitions require the chest to contact the bar.
- Arms must extend in the base of the pull-up on each rep.
- Butterfly or kipping allowed.
- Successful repetitions require the chin to break the vertical plane of the bar
- Arms must extend in the base of the pull-up on each rep
- Strict or kipping allowed
Time to complete reps or reps at Time Cap.
***SCALING - a 1” band will be provided for pull-ups. Any team choosing to use band, regardless of score, will be scored below all teams choosing to do pull-ups.
Time Cap: 15 minutes