Coupe de Ville
Open Event 2
4 Person Deadlift & Handstand Push-ups
3 Rounds for Time
- 12 four person deadlift
- 30 handstand push-ups
This workout starts with all four team members behind the start line. At the call of “3, 2, 1, GO…”, all four team members will advance to the deadlift bar to complete 12 four person deadlift (athletes may choose to place themselves in any order on the bar). At the completion of the 12 deadlift, one male and one female team member will advance to the two handstand push-up stations where they will begin working on 15 handstand push-ups by the males and 15 by the females. The working male and female may tag in their partner at any time.
***SCALING for handstand push-ups will be 30 dumbbell push press 30/45# (15 shared by males, 15 shared by females). Any team choosing to scale, regardless of score, will be scored below all teams who choose handstand push-ups.
Once BOTH pairs (male and female) have completed their 15 handstand push-ups, round 1 is complete. One team member must stack 1 cone to show 2 cones (rounds) remaining. The team will complete 3 rounds 0f the 12 four person deadlift and 30 handstand push-ups (15 shared by males, 15 shared by females) stacking another cone at completion of round 2 to show 1 cone (round) remaining. On the 3rd round, as soon as the 15 handstand push-ups are complete, that pair may return to cross the finish line. The clock will stop when all four team members cross the finish line.
VIDEO to COME!
Time Cap: 8 minutes
Dumbbell Push Press - Scaled movement
- All four team members must have both hands on the bar
- Full extension must be shown at top
- Bar (plates) must touch floor on each rep
- Teams may organize themselves as they choose on the bar (height differences need to be considered)
- A mat will placed on floor with marked area (24" deep x 36" wide)
- Hands may be moved within the marked area (24" deep x 36" wide)
- Head must touch mat on each rep
- Full extension must be shown at top of rep
- Both heels must be on board at full extenstion
- Butt may contact board but NOT at full extension
Dumbell Push Press - scaled movement
- Each rep must show full lockout with control
- Dumbbell must touch shoulder at base of every rep (dumbbells may NOT be held upright)
Time to complete 3 rounds OR reps at time cap.
**SCALING for handstand push-ups will be 30 dumbbell push press 30/45# (15 shared by males, 15 shared by females). Any team choosing to scale, regardless of score, will be scored below all teams who choose handstand push-ups.
TIME CAP: 8 minutes