Hayley has a very varied background in strength and conditioning and personal training. She prides herself on helping others achieve their training, activity and performance goals. For the last nine years Hayley has been working as an accredited strength and conditioning consultant and coach in the UK. She has worked with a number of athletes, teams and clients from individuals returning to activity to athletes of international standards involved in high performance sport, including Paralympic & para-sport.
Hayley is currently an adjunct lecturer on the distance learning MSc in Strength and Conditioning Science at St Mary’s University, London, one of only two University’s that offer this applied distance learning program in the world. Prior to this she taught on the undergraduate sport science and strength and conditioning science degrees at the university. The degree programs prepare the students with the necessary skills and knowledge to work within the industry as strength and conditioning coaches and sport scientist from entry level to high performance sport. Hayley has a Masters of Research in applied sport science. She focused her work on the biomechanics of the squat exercise and has presented her work at conferences in the UK, Las Vegas, USA and Slovakia.
Being physically active plays a big part in her life. She has played rugby to international level; representing Scotland at U23 and Senior development levels. She was selected to represent Great Britain at the FISU Games (International University Sports Federation) in Portugal, winning a World bronze medal. In addition, during her undergraduate degree she completed a semester at St Francis Xavier University, Nova Scotia, playing Varsity Rugby Union and was a member of the CIS gold medal championship team. Since retiring, she has completed marathons and reached brown belt level in two martial arts. Having participated in a range of sports it has given her a variety of experiences to draw upon and an excellent awareness of the multifaceted demands of sport and physical activity.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & COMMITMENTS
- Accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach, UKSCA (ASCC)
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- UK Strength and Conditioning Association Grants Panel Member
- British Weightlifting – Course Tutor, Assessor & Verifier
- UKAD Anti-Doping Accredited Advisor
- ISAK Accredited Anthropometerist
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Great Britain University Rugby 7s: World Bronze Medallist (FISU)
- Scotland A Women: Rugby Union.
- Scotland U23 Women: Rugby Union
- CIS Canadian National Champion (St Francis Xavier University, Canada – Rugby)
- London Marathon 2010 Finisher
- Calgary Marathon 2014 Sub 4 hour Finisher
- Judo: 1st Kyu
- Karate: 1st Kyu