We are very excited to announce that Crystal Derry will be offering a unique new therapeutic addition to the Synergy professional services line-up. She will be bringing her love and passion for mobility and flexibility training to the therapy table with one-on-one fascial stretch therapy opportunities - these sessions will be booked through the front desk in 50min sessions. Fascial stretch therapy is a unique, complete and complementary system of table-based assisted stretching, focusing on the fascia and joint capsule as the key elements in achieving optimal flexibility, strength, performance and pain relief.
Crystal will be available throughout the week in morning, afternoon, and evening sessions - she has opened her schedule up to be available for all Synergy and non-synergy members. Her goal is to continue providing the highest quality mobility and flexibility training in a multitude of disciples to best serve the individuals she works with. Crystal will continue to offer mobility classes, personal training , and now fascial stretch therapy.
What is FST?
Fascia is a network of layered connective tissue that surrounds muscles, bones and joints. A joint capsule is also a connective tissue structure that surrounds joints and is involved in optimizing the mechanical function of the joint as well as gives it nutrients. When the fascia and joint capsules are restricted it can cause:
- Decreased joint space which can lead to degenerative joint diseases and osteoarthritis
- Increased muscle tone which can lead to trigger points, strains, tendonitis and tears
- Increased nervous tissue tone which can lead to headaches, trigger points and muscle tightness
- Increased scar tissue formation
- Decreased blood flow and energy levels, and much more
- Improved posture
- Reduced risk of injuries
- Releases endorphins which are natural pain suppressants
- Improved strength
- Decreased stress
- Improved athletic performance
- Decreased muscle soreness
- Improved sex, and much more
Stay tuned as this new offer will be coming to Synergy in August.