Beginner Event 4
Assault Bike + Pull-ups
2 rounds per team member for time
- 10/20 calories assault bike
- 10 pull-ups
This workout begins with all four team members behind the start line. At the call of “3, 2, 1, GO…” athlete #1 advances to the assault bike to complete calories. Once the designated calories are complete, that athlete advances to the rig to complete 10 pull-ups. A band will be provided for scaling option. As athlete #1 advances to the rig, athlete #2 now advances to the assault bike to begin the designated calories. At the completion of the 10 pull-ups, athlete #1 will return to the finish line to wait for round 2. This pattern continues for ALL four team members. Team members cannot advance to the next station until it is empty. Each athlete returns to the finish line at the completion of the 10 pull-ups.
***Required athlete order - male/female/male/female
***SCALING - a 1” band will be provided for pull-ups. Any team choosing to use band, regardless of score, will be scored below all teams choosing to do pull-ups.
Once athlete #4 completes the calories on the bike, athlete #1 will begin ROUND 2 which is completed in the same athlete order as ROUND 1.
The clock is stopped once all four team members have completed 2 full rounds of calories on assault bike and 10 pull-ups and are behind finish line.
TIME CAP: 15 minutes
- Air assault bike will be used
- 10/20 calories females/males
- 1" Band will be available for scaling
- Athletes may adjust the seat height only.
- Athletes must stay on bike until designated calories are showing.
- Athlete is responsible for re-setting bike monitor.
- Successful repetitions require the chin to break the vertical plane of the bar
- Arms must extend in the base of the pull-up on each rep
- Strict or kipping allowed
Time to complete 2 rounds per member OR reps completed at time cap.
SCALING - a 1'“ band will be provided for pull-ups. Any team choosing to use the band, regardless of score, will be scored below all teams choosing to do pull-ups.
TIME CAP: 15 min